Within the past few weeks I have noticed a few new followers around here! I thought I would reintroduce myself & give you some random facts you probably didn't know about me.
I am Hannah, the girl behind Polka Dots & Palindromes. I recently graduated with my Master's degree in Communication Disorders and began my career as a Speech Language Pathologist. My boyfriend and I dated long distance for two years, until recently, as I moved to Chicago and we now live less than 10 minutes apart! I love to eat red velvet cupcakes, wear cardigans and polka dots, explore Chicago, search Pinterest for hours on end, and plan my next great adventure.
I blog about any random idea or topic that may be on my mind at the current moment. I always say I'm going to be one of those super DIYer, cook of the year, super fashionable, blog everyday people, but you and me both know, that that isn't me. Polka Dots & Palindromes is here to entertain you and put a smile on your face or thought in your head. And if I accomplished that, my day is complete.
2. I have run three half marathons, but I really do not actually like to run.
3. I hate winter but have lived in the Midwest for the past 24 years. Whoops.
4. I have visited to 39 of the 50 states and 4 countries (Canada, Ecuador, Belize, & Costa Rica).
5. I had this dream as a teenager to open up a bookstore/coffee shop that featured popular author children book readings daily, kind of like in the movie You've Got Mail. But then I realized how not profitable that would be and decided to become a Speech Language Pathologist:
6. I take my coffee black, with either just a little bit of cream, or a little bit of sugar, never both!
7. I have watched every season (except for the 2 most recent) of Grey's Anatony at least 5 times, if not more.
8. I have more cardigans and sweaters in my closet than someone should probably have in their lifetime.
9. I am obsessed with anything pineapple printed; candles, notebooks, earrings, pajama shorts, you name it, I want it.
10. I will always back Team iPhone, never will I be part of the Android team.
11. The Olympics are probably my favorite event ever. I wish it happened more often than every four years!
12. I dream of having 3 red headed children one day. If not three, I really hope I get at least one!!!